by Norm Foster
|Directed by:||Ellie King|
|Location(s):||New Westminster, |
|Run:||April 30 – May 22 2022|
|Rehearsals starting:||April 19, 2022 at |
10660 City Parkway, Surrey
(Only those invited to call-backs will be contacted.)
|Auditions:||November 18, 2021|
|Deadline:||Please submit by |
Wednesday, November 17th, 2021
|Application:||eMail your complete bio, headshots and video to our mailbox above on or before the deadline.|
|Payment:||Union members will be hired under the D.O.T. Agreement - Theatre|
|This play is a spoof of the Screwball Comedy genre of Hollywood movies from the 1930s and 1940s.|
We encourage actors to familiarize themselves with the style.
|As per BC's public health guidelines as well as venue policy, we are only able to cast actors who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Actors will be required to provide proof of vaccination before commencing work.|
|*LOCAL SUBMISSIONS ONLY FOR THIS CASTING CALL*|
|Equity members will be seen first at all open audition calls. Equity members cast in this production will be engaged under an Equity form of contract. Please bring your membership card to the audition.|
|JEFF||A womanizing reporter for a popular newspaper. Charming.||...has already been cast!|
|MARY||Ambitious and spunky young woman vying for a reporter position on the same newspaper as her hero journalist.|
Strong comedic skills required.
1930s Hollywood-type dialogue delivery.
|ACTOR 3 - REGINALD|
Actor 3 plays 4 different roles!
|A proper English Butler - older||...has already been cast!|
|ACTOR 3 - BOSCOE||crusty editor of the newspaper - middle aged-ish||...has already been cast!|
|ACTOR 3 - PETER||upper crust American playboy, older – middle aged||...has already been cast!|
|ACTOR 3 - CHAUNCEY||apparently dumb upper crust American playboy - younger||...has already been cast!|
|ACTOR 4 - JONESY|
Actor 4 plays 3 different roles!
|spunky receptionist for the newspaper - younger||...has already been cast!|
|ACTOR 4 - DELORES||upper crust American matron - middle aged||...has already been cast!|
|ACTOR 4 - GLORIA||femme fatale - hard to pin an age, possibly 30 - 40s||...has already been cast!|
Click to download...
The Royal Canadian Theatre Company encourages submissions from diverse artists of all backgrounds regardless of race, sexual orientation or gender expression.
The Royal Canadian Theatre Company employs non-discrimination in all areas of casting, production staffing and management.
The Royal Canadian Theatre Company will be following Provincial Health guidelines with the following approaches:
- Practising Social Distancing:
- All seating in the green room will be socially distanced.
- There are physically distanced circles in the actual audition room for you to keep your distance for yourself or if auditioning with a partner.
- Using the Outdoors:
- Because people will be congregated in our green room, we will be opening our garage door to give more space and fresh air to all applicants.
- Masks and hand sanitizer:
- We do recommend everyone coming to the audition wears a mask in the green room as that will be the busiest area.
- We have both hand sanitizer and an area to wash your hands whenever needed.
- As per public health guidelines as well as venue policy, we are only able to cast actors who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Actors will be required to provide proof of vaccination before commencing work.