|Alice in Wonderland|
by Crystal Weltzin
|Directed by:||Kerri Norris for The Royal Canadian Theatre Company|
|Location(s):||Surrey & New Westminster|
|Surrey Arts Centre:||December 18-26|
(NOTE: Performances Christmas Eve & Boxing Day!)
|New Westminster - Massey Theatre||January 1-2|
(NOTE: Performances New Years Day!)
|Rehearsals:||From October 7 |
- Thursday evenings
- Sundays daytime
- Saturday rehearsals added at the end of November/Start of December
|Callbacks:||August 24th |
(Only those invited to call-backs will be contacted.)
|Auditions:||August 23rd in the evening|
|Deadline:||Please submit by 2021-AUG-22|
|Application:||Please send your headshot and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the character|
you’re interested in auditioning for in the Subject line. (clicking on the CHARACTER will take care of that...)
|Payment:||Only leads will get honoraria.|
|The roles of Fairy Fuchsia, Alice, White Rabbit, Queen of Hearts, Prince Argent, the White Queen, Mad Hatter and Dormouse have been cast.|
|Demon of Darkness|
20’s and up
|The truest force of all evil in pantoland/Wonderland. The Demon of Darkness is selfish, entitled and all around bad. The opposite of Fairy Fuchsia, his arch nemesis, the Demon of Darkness will win at any cost.|
20’s - 30’s
|Lord Blanchard is Prince Argent’s best friend and the White Queen’s top advisor. He gives the best advice and has the most charming smile. A smart and sweet character who can sweep even the grouchiest queen off their feet.|
|Princess Diamond is a kind, ambitious and politically savvy princess, cousin to the Queen of Hearts. Not one to be afraid of conflict, she will roll up her sleeves and dive in head first to get the job done. She is selfless and will always put others' needs before her own.|
20’s and up
|A very silly and trusty character who likes to go with the flow. A happy part of the motley Tea Crew, pulling pranks and making silly jokes left and right. March Hare is the moral compass of the Tea Threesome.|
|Children, Youth and Adults|
|Fairy Fuchsia||...has already been cast!|
|Alice||...has already been cast!|
|White Rabbit||...has already been cast!|
|Queen of Hearts||...has already been cast!|
|Prince Argent||...has already been cast!|
|The White Queen||...has already been cast!|
|Mad Hatter||...has already been cast!|
|Dormouse||...has already been cast!|
Click to download...
The Royal Canadian Theatre Company employs non-discrimination in all areas of casting, production staffing and management.
The Royal Canadian Theatre Company will be following Provincial Health guidelines with three approaches:
- Practising Social Distancing:
- All seating in the green room will be socially distanced.
- There are physically distanced circles in the actual audition room for you to keep your distance for yourself or if auditioning with a partner.
- Using the Outdoors:
- Because people will be congregated in our green room, we will be opening our garage door to give more space and fresh air to all applicants.
- Masks and hand sanitizer:
- We do recommend everyone coming to the audition wears a mask in the green room as that will be the busiest area.
- We have both hand sanitizer and an area to wash your hands whenever needed.