Excellent, affordable, locally produced family theatre.
The Royal Canadian Theatre Company is a professional theatrical and event entertainment producing not-for-profit society. Its founder – Ellie King – is a great believer in production excellence and her reputation as a producer, director, writer and performer is well-established.
Royal Canadian Theatre Company’s goal is to leave you wanting more each and every time you experience one of its productions – whether it be the big-stage extravaganza of a Traditional British Panto, a side-splitting comedy, perplexing mystery, frightening thriller, or classic whodunit, we want you to have a great time every time. That’s why we invite you to become involved in so many ways – including the opportunity to help us pick the plays we will produce each year.
– Ellie King, Artistic Director
What We Do
– Provide a non-discriminatory, safe, respectful, creative environment for theatre artists at all stages of their development;
– Keep ticket prices affordable, making live theatre accessible for all;
– Offer free mentor-ship to community members of all ages, backgrounds and cultures with a special emphasis on youth;
– Present professional and semi-professional theatre;
– Create a new, original work annually;
– Make careful programming choices and keep high production values;
– Attract new theatre goers as well as providing for the more experienced patron;
– Be good members of the community, giving back, and collaborating with other organizations.
1. The name of the society is THE ROYAL CANADIAN THEATRE COMPANY
2. The purposes of the society are:
a) to advance the general public’s understanding and appreciation of the performing arts by providing theatrical performances of an artistic nature and to educate artists through their participation in such performances.
b) To provide instructional seminars on topics related to the performing and visual arts.
c) To gift funds to qualified donees as defined in subsection 149.1(1) of the Income Tax Act.